I did think of increasing cash when "price" is right, but the fact is, I do Not feel like taking any money off the table since most counters have yet to announce the results and I have yet to milk them for years, I brought most of them rather recently, unlike some other bloggers who have milk them for years.
There is one loud voice and it is getting louder. This is the seventh year of bull, fed hike is coming either in June or perhaps 1-2 quarters later, Greece is playing blink, Shouln't I be waiting with a big war chest. Also, most of my counters are in green, I would not be losing out for dividends for 1 year or 2 and I could wait for the crash to buy back in the 1 year or 2 window.
Then, there is another voice. If I am taking profits, I might as well hold all cash. Or 70-90% cash since you cannot lose if you are not in the market.
Then the third voice. The reasons for buy and sell. I believed Venture to do well this and in 2016 with the 3D prototype up and running, shouldn't I wait for the catalyst to happen or unless proven wrong that it is not going to happen.
Why shouldn't I sit on a possible Dividend increase of SSC, if 6-7% dividend is sustainable for my industrial reits for the next 3 years as per my reason for buying, why sell now?
I am quite sure I will not be increasing my equity even when I look forward to my performance bonus. My cash will slowly increase again. I have not touch my endowement with cash value ( no penalty, cash back feature) and my CPF. I do not think if a 30% crash happen soon, I think I can still take advantage of it. Of course, I am not dogmatic in my approach, I would think if I made 3-4 years gains of dividends it might be a good idea to lock profits since highly unlikely for a bull to last more than a decade.
So here I am, iron teeth about my investment and not liquiding them yet.
Maybe I am setting myself up for a regretful goat year? Let's see how things pends out. Ram can be stubborn too, you know, and I am a goattie