Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Lee metals: Steel delivering

Dividends that is. 

While NP profits fell compared to a year ago, dividends of 2 cents is 0.71 of EPS and 0.35 of FCF. No financially strain here,.

I recently increased my position. I felt 2017 will be a better year for Lee metals. I have holding this company since 2013, and has receive 8.5 cents. Before u poke, let me strip myself- I bought it at a av price 33 cents.

If we track BCA demand, 2015 is a bountiful year. Billing was 35 Billion. 2016 was 26 billion. 2017 minimum range is from 28 billion. The recent budget announcement has 700 mio public project brought forward. Of course, there is a possibility of demand falling short, but that is highly unlikely as these projects are local and mainly government projects (2/3 of projected demand) which will continue.

Next, 2017 steel prices has been on a roll. Increasing steel price is a boon for Lee metals. 

Lee metals is largely owned by family. So it is rather illiquid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment