Friday, March 11, 2016

Random thoughts: A quarterly review of 2015 plan for 2016

I thought I remember the goals I set. But some slip my mind. Hope the second review during my second holiday is better  LOL2015 has not been an easy year for me.


Health:
Physical--
1) Have at least 15 minutes or longer Jogs at least 52 times

Definitely not jogging weekly

2) Not use the lift in school

Almost everytime until recently, I run up the stairs too

3) Cut down on breakfast at hawker centers before work. (not more than once a week)

Nope fail terrible in this count.

Mental--
1) To reduce anxiety (Not giving a SMART goal for obvious reasons)

Good job!

Family/Social
1) Bring back the habit of reading to son before "to each his own reading"
Done! Helped with work too, as reading can be work related.

2) Practice mindfulness, dun bring back baggage of  work.

Fail

3) Bring my parents for walks more often.

Their health worsen, so nope, less walks 

4) No using of phones to blog or play games during visits (bo liao right, should be talking to them more)

Fail

5) Meet with old colleagues, friends and bloggers.

Fail. Anyone want to help me meet quota? LOL

Spiritual
1) Bring back the mental habit of "wishing everyone well" at the start of the day.

Ah hoc...

2) Practice/try mediation 

Breathing exerices and eating exercises less and less freq... 

Capital
1) Focus on human capital rather than finance/investible capital. Build up competencies by preparing for lessons earnestly and start doing literature review and research.

Started some form of reading. But the materials are disappointing 

2) Read more on work related information

Can read more 

3) Stop comparing "money, assets, or networth"

Dun think I compare anything in this aspect this year? No! No! I did! I compare how someone did so much worse! Evil !!

Work
除去心魔,找回热诚

心魔依旧,或许更蛮横。热忱找回来了

What has passed has passed. The future is just a bubble until it becomes "current"

2016 vision statement:
放空心境,多慈悲

Good start! Chill! 



5 comments:

  1. Hi SI

    Good review list goal there of 2016. I'm surprised you are doing it pretty early :)

    Next time you guys are meeting out, just give me a knock k. I'd love to attend as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onz! B

    Formative assessment. See how well things are. Actually not too bad as there are things that I did ok

    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SI,

    Hahaha, tough goals you set for yourself, set for failure one ;) But that's the pt, we aim high and fall, but we get up and try again :)

    For myself, I've been running once a week. Wanted to do twice, but still trying to figure out a good routine. Trying to wake up early to jog, but I'm really really a night owl. Waking up might kill me! But I did wake up at 9am there about instead of the usual 10 or 1030am, so I think it helps a lot. Also means I have to sleep early, so these days is about 12pm or 1pm max. Used to be 2am or 230am.

    Meditation wise, I've finished by 100 days challenge. These days I do it ad hoc, and no pressures on doing so even if I miss it. I'm still doing push ups/pull ups, but again I passed by 100 day challenge, so no longer 'compulsory' for me to do everyday. I increased by challenge level by increasing my grip from shoulder to wider than shoulder. Will be more challenging, maybe you can try.

    Savings goal is right on track. Though I still don't feel like working lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LP,

      I hardly think I aim high. But u are right, failure is ok ...

      I dun have a saving goal now. Expenses is bo Bian ... Just dun anyhow spend can Liao.

      My parents need money for treatment, we give ... what to do?

      Delete
  4. I came across this link on best savings plan in singapore, hope can provide more insights.

    best savings plan in singapore

    ReplyDelete