Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Random thoughts: To sell into strength?

Coincidentally, today I received a message from a friend and a broker. My broker advise me to take profit as STI has hit 3200, but I didn't like the fear tactics deployed comparing to Lehman moment, which I think is pure bullshit. My friend ask me why STI hit 3200, when the economy has not recovered.

I did took a hard look at all my counters and I DO Wish to take some profits off the table, yet, when I examine the results to buy, they are still intact, even using a generic reason of rebalancing didn't really make sense, as counters that run the most doesn't really take up a big chunk of my portfolio. Yup, my bigger bets didn't do as well as my smaller bets. I do want to keep a sizable portfolio vested as I believed my entry price is of value.

I am quite sure the market is due for a breather, I am not too sure if there will be a correction (10 percent drop) and I find it unlikely that the market will go to bear 🐻 status. ( That would properly be my break even price and I will likely hit my head again) and I believe it is even more remote for it to reach March low of 2020. I use no leverage and I have holding power if the worst do happen. 

I know there are many schools of thought, some TA investors might make sure of the volatility and earn the gap. I am not in that school.

Some traders also might see resistance or momentum and want to profit from it.

I am rather the boring guy who buy when I see a gap to valuation, and sell when I believe the growth catalysts are all fulfilled or if it is overvalued due to euphoria. 

Looking at the counters I had, I did trim TianNeng Power from HK, but other than that, I see a few more quarters of good reports, and I also see a fundamental shift in business structure for quite a few companies.

Ya.. I, like what some other investors, say, are the subjective opinioned guy.

I think I can sleep with my though process though, as I suffer no cognitive dissonance. 

Hope u be at peace at your choice and huat. I hope I made the right call.  

6 comments:

  1. Hi SI,

    It is very difficult to time the market. SG is pretty stable. But elsewhere, the big fishes are playing and transferring money here and there without much sense.. causing the market move, but those big players profited. So in order to time, you need to keep up with the non-common sense movements and it is not easy.

    STI at 3200 definitely does not make much sense too.

    I am with you to be at peace with what you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rolf, I am quite surprised 3200 is reached so early. My target to offload is 3200. But it is actually only the banks that are running well and recovering to precovid levels. Others are just recovering

      Delete
    2. I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $1,000 daily for a maximum of 20 days. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $20,000. Mike Fisher Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. get yours from Mike Fisher Hackers today! *email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com


      Delete
  2. My name is Fajar. I live in  Bedono in Central Java   I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so exhausted due to lack of funds to expand my business and my 2 kids aged 5 and 8 were also not good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan officer in USA that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan officer ( Mr Pedro   who grant him 7,000,000.00 USD loan at an affordable rate of 2% rate . He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found online. He gave me their email &  That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDER Mr Pedro VIA    Email:    pedroloanss@gmail.com  to resolve your financial mess.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

    $500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
    $1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
    $5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

    To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
    email: carlose78910@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. painting contractors Miami has been in business for over 20 years and has helped thousands of customers with their painting needs.

    Paint Miami's Painting Services:

    - Interior Painting Services

    - Exterior Painting Services

    - Garage Floor Coating Services

    - Epoxy Floor Coating Services

    ReplyDelete