My mum had a fall, and was hospitalized. The fall was triggered by her cancer as it had spread to the brains too. It made her a lot weaker, walking is out now.
It was an hectic weekend, we managed to get part time respite nurse to care for her, and it was an unusual high season at work. I slept less than 4 hours in hospital as I worked and watch over my mum, but still can't finish my work
Just when I was thinking things can only get better.
My wife's sister who is the same age as me, got a stroke.
She had her successful operations but still in coma. Needlessly to say, it's another crazy running around to "care" and help, while I wonder how "effective" my care is since I felt nothing- no sorrow or sympathy. Perhaps I was too tired.
I actually whin at a fellow blogger as I try to let off some steam. while I was very measured when my colleagues ask how are things, I am actually crying out to them to "hug me".
I have now accepted things. While the days ahead might be tough. I am not vulnerable like 2-3 days ago.
If you are down on luck, struck with unfortunate events, remember:
1) the initial flux is due to lack of acceptance of new routines that come with the circumstances.
2) I look back, I have ease into the routine of more time with me my maiden family, now my routines is bound to change again with the caregiving of my wife's sis. While I am damn scared 2 days ago, now I accepted and is ready for the change
3) see the silver lining. As I went about settling the maid, the respite nurse, childcare arrangements. A thought dwell on me: how the hell would poor people handle all these, without money as a support. Luckily I put a bigger emergency fund. This year or 2 would not be a problem unlike the previous time when my mum is diagnose with cancer.
4) understand the we as part of bigger forces of karma, are there for a reason. I believe my wife and I, are the best people , both in terms of willingness and money, help the family tide over this difficult period.
5) while work is where all the stress built-up, it is also where I find solace. Time off and also looking at hope (children)
6) fighting Mr life makes fighting Mr market a joke. 阿弥陀佛