Friday, June 4, 2021

Random thoughts: I no longer feel happy being kind...

 Hi all,

My sister alerted me to a facebook group page known as "blessing for those in need". 

She told me many people posted things that are still useable, and anyone can ask to collect these items for free. Some kind souls also offer to transport the goods at cost price. 

I was invited by my sister to join the group. Recently, as we are doing some spring cleaning, I decided to try posting some items, such as jucier, vaccum flask etc. When happened over the next 2 days triggered a lot of thoughts, and I hope to organize them by writing a post. 

When I first posted the items, I am quite surprised that within 1 hour of approval by Admin, someone did want to collect the items. I thought to myself "Great, things will not go to waste, and someone get help" The lady ask for my contact and arranged for Courier to pick my stuff. My thoughts that surfaced (I am cynical person) "Why is a person who is so efficient and resourceful in getting a courier (I didn't know Q express provide such CtoC service) asking for free item? Is she trying to resell the items? Isn't there a cost involved if courier service is purchased?" Nonetheless, I felt that even if she do resell the items, it is to her resourcefulness, and I still fulfilled my goal of reducing wastage. (Doesn't matter that when you first joined the group, one of the rules is no reselling of the items). 

When I was posting another batch of items to be collected, I look through what are the items that are available for collection. I am quite surprised to find TV, furniture given away. On the other end of the spectrum, there are very cheap items such as a stuff toy and clothes hangers to be given out too.

I was looking at one post, where a lady is trying to help a friend give away old furniture. Another person claimed to be interested, but unable to pay for transport. I then offer to sponsor the transport and ask the owner if she could arrange. The lady insisted that I settled the transportation on my own, and hence I went about coordinating between the two. It is through this coordinating that I learnt about gogoX and LalaMove, and how transport cost has dropped. 

I did not have a good experience, as I realized the person asking for furniture also start to ask for food, and mentioned several times her plight. I did some fact finding, and found out that she is real, and is helped by GiveAsia before. The sum raised is small. 

When I left a comment on the post, saying that I am willing to pick up the tab for the person on the transport, to get her the coffee table that she wanted, another commenter who is queuing for the same item earlier, bring forward the possible date of collection. I felt quite uncomfortable about "fighting over" item. 

I told the person wanting the furniture that I can cancel the request for the furniture and use the transportation costs to buy groceries for her, if that is "really what she needed" (her own words) She then told me she really wanted the furniture instead, and she could ask her cousin for food instead.

I am not sure about the whole experience. 

How much help is enough, and how to make sure the help goes to the deserving. 

For someone in need of long term help, constantly trying to get help. is it still dignified. I am not passing any judgement here. Just penning my many thoughts that are swirling around my head.

Deep inside me, the feelings of satisfaction and joy whenever I help someone in the past, is missing this time round. Of course, I am mindful my "help" is of little or no significance. 

Just feeling weird that I might have pass the age, where I feel happy, doing a others a small favor. Maybe it is because I realized I might not really make a difference. 


16 comments:

  1. Hi Sillyinvestor, thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts. Your post reminds me of a movie - Pay It Forward - that one of my teachers asked the class to watch and write a reflection on. My takeaway from the movie is that a small help might go a long way and accumulate into a big impact. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $1,000 daily for a maximum of 20 days. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $20,000. Mike Fisher Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. get yours from Mike Fisher Hackers today! *email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com


      Delete
    2. Investment plans
      PROMO PACKAGE
      👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
      🔊 BASIC
      💎Invest $200 earn $2,000
      💎Invest $300 earn $3,500
      💎Invest $400 earn $4,500
      💎Invest $500 earn $6,000

      🔊 PRO
      💎Invest $1,000 earn $15,000
      💎Invest $2,000 earn $25,000
      💎Invest $3,000 earn $35,000
      💎Invest $4,000 earn $45,000
      💎Invest $5,000 earn $60,000
      💎Invest $10,000 earn $100,000.

      🔊 PREMIUM
      💎1BTC earn 5BTC
      💎2BTC earn 10BTC
      💎3BTC earn 16BTC
      💎4BTC earn 22BTC
      💎5BTC earn 30BTC.

      💡ALL RETURNS ARE SCHEDULE, FOR 12 HOURS, UPON CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENTS.

      💰MODE OF PAYMENT.
      Any, Suitable For Investors, But Terms and Conditions Apply.

      ⭐️HURRY NOW!!!
      Refer a Friend or Family member to invest same time, and Receive an instant $50 Reward.

      📌To set up an INVESTMENT PLAN,
      Contact Admin: totalinvestmentcompany@gmail.com

      WhatsApp: +1(929)390-8581

      Visit this link for more prove https://www.facebook.com/pg/Total-Investment-221964325813140/about/

      For more prove link our YouTube
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3KWT9dTpFLi0S0vJTWuCJg

      https://t.me/totalinvestment

      Delete
  2. Hi chun Kit. Thanks for leaving a comment. I guess is good to try to do whatever little we can. Also I think I am indeed too cynical. The person who is collecting so many items is not for reselling. She is trying to send them back to Philippines for typhoon victims

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling good on doing good deeds may also be subjected to Law Of Diminishing Return of Happiness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW, you bet. I think LDMR applies to all good things lol

      Delete
  4. Hi temp,
    Indeed, that is what I felt before this incident. When I went Vietnam and Thailand and indonesia decades ago. this is what happened.
    Now, it is hardly the case. MOst cities you cannot see beggars.

    I used to feel disturbed by such scenes. We are told that they will followed us and swarm us. Best not to ever see such scenes again.

    In thailand during training, we are told that children will rush to us to help us pack our parachute when we landed. Our commander is kind, he ask us to keep some money in the pockets and pass it to them after they provide the service.

    We asked isnt it dangerous? for them to run around the drop zone. He told us not to cork eye la, but the kids have lots of experince avoiding us la, dun worry.

    I was the first sortie. When I landed, there are no one, except for a kid looking very grumpy moving towards me. I still pass the money to him. Thereafter, the crowds did come in. Those were the days

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha Anon

    Such a long time, FHAG bro

    ReplyDelete

  6. This link on insurance was very useful for my search. To get best insurance plan click here to know more :- individual health insurance

    ReplyDelete
  7. GENUINE BANK GUARANTEE (BG) AND STANDBY LETTER OF CREDIT (SBLC) FOR BUY OR LEASE AT THE BEST AVAILABLE RATES
    We offer certified and verifiable financial bank instruments via Swift Transmission from a genuine provider capable
    of taking up time bound transactions.
    FOR LEASING OF BG/SBLC
    MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M
    LEASING FEE = 4%+2%
    FOR PURCHASE OF FRESH CUT BG/SBLC
    MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M
    PRICE = 32%+2%
    Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded,
    loan financing by providing you with yearly.
    RWA ready to close leasing with any interested client in few banking days
    I will be glad to share with you our working procedures.
    Name : scott james
    Email : inquiry.securedfunding@gmail.com
    Skype : inquiry.securedfunding@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bless a lot of things now too - telegram, carousell. Yes agree that it feels strange when a person who queue for free item comes up in a nice car to collect. I usually just put FCFS coz it is too much work co-ordinating or deciding who should get it. Then I realise that only those with private transport seem able to get my items first.. so the really poor who have to work shift / take public transport will never get theirs. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. me and my husband are here to testify about how we use Oscar White black ATM card to make money and also have our own business today. Go get your blank ATM card today and be among the lucky ones. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world.It has really changed our life for good and now we can say we are rich and we can never be poor again. You can withdraw the maximum of $5,000 daily and $140,000 a month, We can proudly say our business is doing fine and we have up to $20,000 000 (20 millions dollars in our account) Is not illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you..For details and cost on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com ,Text & Call or Whats-app: +1(209)-643-1515

    ReplyDelete
  10. GET RICH WITH THE USE OF BLANK ATM CARD FROM. I'm here to testify about how I used a BLANK ATM CARD that I got from a hacker to make money and also have my own business today. Go get your blank ATM card today and be among the lucky ones. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of withdrawing cash from any ATM machine anywhere in the world. It has really changed peoples life for good and now i can say i am rich and i can never be poor again. You can withdraw the maximum of $5,500 daily i can proudly say my business is doing fine and i have up to $ 1,000 000 (1 millions dollars in my account) Is not illegal, there is no risk of being caught, because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you.. For details on how to get yours today, contact the hackers via WhatsApp number: (+17185324661)OR E-mail: (freeblankatmcards@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

  11. What has your government done to help save you from your financial

    instability? you strive to survive and yet you hear stories of how your

    leaders have become terror in your entities... is time to make a different.

    for will have made money, and we have also come to help you out from your

    long time of financial suffering. clearing of credit card is made

    available, software for hacking ATM machines, bank to bank hacking and

    transfer, change your school grade and become something useful in the

    society. we also have other form of services such as Facebook hack, whats-

    app hack, twitter hack, i cloud hack, tracking of smart phones, hacking

    CCTV, installation of software on desktop and PC, snap-chat hack, Skype

    hack, wire wire, bitcoin account hack, erase your criminal record and be

    free for ever. database hack and many more. email:

    onlineblankatm24@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +1-217-310-6945 for your genuine

    hacking services and we shock we your findings.

    ReplyDelete



  12. Get the new ATM BLANK CARD that can hack any ATM MACHINE and withdraw money from any account.
    You do not require anybody's account number before you can use it. Although you and I knows that its illegal,
    there is no risk using it. It has SPECIAL FEATURES,
    that makes the machine unable to detect this very card,
    and its transaction is can't be traced . You can use it anywhere in the world. With this card,
    you can withdraw nothing less than $20,000 daily. So to get the card,
    reach the hackers via email address : onlineblankatm24@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +1-760-576-5579



    ReplyDelete