1) Any buy entries must fulfilled one of the three investement theories. A cyclical recovery play, growth drivers play or strong FCF, negligible debt yield plays.
2) All entries must come with a potential exit plan with potential reward. POTENTIAL reward should not be lower than 35% in a entry, to accord for the macro risk that this bull market it marching into its 9th year.
3) 2017 to exit when potential is met regardless of how well market/ sentiments is doing.
4) If there is no potential buys that meet the above one or more 3 criterias, than 2017 should be the year where cash goes to 50% of portfolio.
5) Final most important rule: Obey all rules and accept opportunity cost loss, aka money not earned. Treated it as emotional/ zen training test.
I have been trimming dead leaves (borrowing and adapting from Farmer), I have sold Lippo Mall Retail Trust and M1. Cash is slightly above 40% of portfolio with the sale and small capital injection of 2K (winks)