Life goes in cycles, predictable yet uncontrollable; just like the markets, but markets give you a second chance
Thursday, December 16, 2021
Random thoughts: FIRE for 2 weeks.
Friday, December 10, 2021
Random thoughts: These stocks will likely increase their dividends in FY 2021
I owned shares of the below mentioned counters, and hence have my biases and ulterior motives for writing this post (Evil laughs)
- 1H earning beats 2020 earnings. UOBkayhian biggest earning segment is trading commission.
- SGX trading volume and value for the last 11 months beats 2020 (11 months)
- US market is seeing new high, Thailand trading volume and value for the last 11 months are also significantly higher than 2020.
- If the 50% payout holds (which is the case for many years), there is a high probability that dividends will exceed last year 9.5 cents. (1H EPS is already 11 cents.)
- 2020 EPS is 5.42 NT$, and 1H 2021 EPS is already 3.28NT$
- 2021 there is frequent share buybacks, and this is NOT a yearly occurernce
- 2021 there are 2 vested companies of Hotung that are listed. (None in 2020)
- 2021 NTS$ has strengthen against SGD as compared to 2020
- DPS in 2021 already exceeded 2020
- QOQ deterioration of earnings is not unexpected due to Heightened alert
- Q4 results should bounce back.
- Please read the wonderful article by Squirrel Drey. (One of the best analysis by bloggers for a while)
- As rightly pointed out, steel cost has come down, and with record order book, margins should recovers.
- Management has said the newer contracts has accounted for possible higher costs, and if the steel costs continue to be low, the mix of good and poor margins of contracts would enable better earnings
- Main reason for increase is expectation of special dividends due to spin off of investment business
5) Lung Kee (0255 HK, dual listed in SG )
- 1H 2021 EPS already grown more than 70%
- However Lung Kee did not have a fixed Payout Ratio (Although it is consistently high in the last 4 years)
- Record operational earnings in 1H
- Intern Dividends already increased
- Inflationary environment favours the agri-commodity sector
Random thoughts: SillyINC Streaming Channels
Silly Inc has a new subsidiary. It is venturing into live streaming channels. Competition is stiff, but SillyInc believed it has a several orginal titles that are going to be a hit, and give other streaming platforms a run of their money. Here are the trailers and introductions of the productions that took place in 2020/21
Sad soap operas:
1) DiaryFarm goats could not be milked
The story takes place in the early 2020, when the Covid-19 pandemic is wrecking havoc and panic in every corner of the globe. The virus caused mutations in some people's brains, and they turned into Covidiots, a state some said are worse than Zombies, because they are actually still living.
The Covidiots cleared supermarkets of food, toilet papers and whatever they can lay their hands on. The opportunists saw runaway demands in the supermarket businesses.
However, sadly, some of the goats in Yonghui China cannot bear milk, and where others supermarket chains are roaring with businesses and rewarded their staff with 16 months bonus, the opportunists got burnt in the market.
2) E.S.R and green is red
The climate change has gather renewed impetus among the political elites and also the investing community. The corporate story began in China, where and listed Company known as TianNeng Power captured the imagination of a silly investor. The company boarded the E.S.R bandwagon, it produce batteries for electric bicycles and mini-vehicles, and spins off the battery producing company in STAR exchange of ShenZhen, and keep the parent company for recycling and trading of renewable materials.
Green is the future, and the silly investor thought his portfolio will be green too, with the addition of this future proof company. Every time the company exhibited price weakness, the silly investor accumulated the stock, believing that he knows better than the market. Will the story of David and Goliath be replayed, or will the market wipes out the confidence of the main character, silly investor?
1) Alibaba and the Magic Carpet that flies in only one direction-Down
This 2021 Remake of the Alibaba Story is not without controversy. Alibaba is a well-known character who beats the odds, outwits the 40 bandits, the Genie.
The 2021 Alibaba show is a collaboration with the Marvel Studio, and Alibaba partners Ant Man in his adventures. It is a bold remake and meshing of Hollywood and CCTV.
However, when many thought that the duo would be invincible, Ant Man got crushed when he transformed himself into a Giant, and is crushed by another Giant Wheel. No one even saw it coming, Ant Man is a 23 billion foot Giant and when it is crushed, all one can see is a axis rolled over Ant Man! Alibaba discovered to his dismay, that he might he have accidently utter the ancient words that unleash the Heavenly Axis.
As the Giant Axis destroyed everything in the path of Alibaba and came towards Alibaba, Alibaba hops on to his Magic Carpet and dives into the deepest Valleys to avoid the crush of the Giant Axis.
Will Alibaba ever raise to see the light again, will Ant Man survives? Stay tuned to Silly Inv Streaming.. …